Your Troubleshoot Guide to Invisalign for Teeth Straightening
Invisalign is considered to be a great method for solving the problem of crooked or misaligned teeth. Most patients enjoy an uncomplicated journey with this treatment. There are no extra charges for scheduling an emergency appointments if it is ever needed and everything will be included within the cost of the braces. If you want to deal with minor complications at home, we have set out some advice:
- You have lost your clear aligners – If you loose braces during the treatment, then you should use the previous set for the time-being. Make sure you call your Invisalign provider and get a replacement for the new braces. You should keep the braces safely in a container when you are eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. The remaining time you should always wear them to get the best
- The aligners rub your cheeks or tongue – Sometimes when you wear your new braces there may be irritation to the inside of the cheeks or the tongue. Using ulcer gel may help but if the aligner has sharp edge you can use a nail file to carefully smooth it.
- Clear braces can cause toothache – Your teeth can ache for one or two days as you begin wearing new braces. You should eat soft foods and take pain relief medication such as paracetamol to ease the discomfort, which should not be present for long.
- You are experiencing a lisp– Some patients may suffer from slight lisp when they wear the braces for the first time. The tongue may require a few days to adjust properly but the more you speak, the quicker you will get back to normal.
- You suffer from the problem of bad breath – If you suffer from bad breath, you should brush at least two times a day to keep your mouth clean. If you cannot brush after eating, rinse with some water or chew gum before replacing the aligners.
- You have excess amount of saliva inside your mouth – This is a side effect of having something inside your mouth. It should lessen in time.
- You cannot get the clear aligners in or out properly – Your Invisalign provider will teach how to put the aligners in and take them out correctly. But there are some sets that seem to be more challenging. After you take them in and out a few times, they will loosen a little and you will be able to manage them easily. It is suggested that you wear the new aligners before going to bed and remove them in the morning.
- The Invisalign attachment has fallen out – When the Invisalign attachment falls off, you need to call at the practice and fix an appointment with your provider to get it replaced. Make sure you continue wearing the previous set of aligners till you get the new one.
- You have forgotten to wear the braces – You should wear the braces for at least 20 to 22 hours in a day for the best results. If you fail to do so, the provider may have to start the treatment again.
- You are not satisfied with the results – At the final set of aligners stage, you may not be happy with your teeth position. There is nothing to worry about as we can do a few scans for extra aligners so that you get the best possible results. This is called the ‘refinement stage’ and is generally included within the treatment cost.
Thus, if you need any help during your Invisalign treatment in London, then visit at www.dentalclinic.london and talk to the experts about having successful Invisalign treatment.