7 Steps to Speed Up Invisalign Process
Have you decided to go for the Invisalign method for teeth straightening? Are you trying to choose between clear aligners and traditional braces? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you need to ask if there are effective ways to speed up the Invisalign process. You will be able to improve the efficiency of your treatment by following the instructions of the orthodontist. Read on to find out what you can do to lessen the timing of the procedure.
- Opt for AcceleDent – This is a good way to increase overall speed of Invisalign. AcceleDent can shift teeth efficiently so that you change to your next set of aligners faster. This will enable you to complete the procedure at a rapid pace. Without AcceleDent, your teeth will shift as the aligners apply pressure. With AcceleDent, the micro pulses will be distributed into your teeth by stimulating the flow of blood and enhance the speed at which your jawbone adjusts. That means that the teeth will shift almost 50% faster.
- You need to wear your aligners for 22 hours in a day – It is essential to wear the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day to get the desired results. If you do not, the treatment may take longer time than expected. It is suggested that you wear these trays for the given time and take them out only for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing.
- Brush teeth before wearing your aligners – Although dirty teeth won’t slow down the procedure, having cavities or other dental issues might. The formation of bacteria and plaque inside your mouth may begin to break down the aligners and if you do not clean them daily, the aligners may become more flexible and then they won’t shift teeth efficiently. So, before you put your aligners back inside your mouth, make sure your teeth are cleaned properly.
- Clean the clear aligners frequently – Some patients think that that they can use a toothbrush and paste for cleaning as they do their teeth. In fact, toothpaste may damage the aligners causing tiny scratches where bacteria can hide. Bacteria may then infiltrate and your invisible tray might break and that will make the braces less effective.
- Use attachments as suggested by the provider –Invisalign braces were originally used for treating minor problems. But now, the entire system has evolved and can help solve a wide range of dental complications. According to your orthodontist, you may be given attachments for the braces which are known as “buttons.” They will speed up the treatment by applying more pressure on the particular tooth/teeth to shift them faster.
- Be gentle with the braces – With time, you will probably forget that you have the braces in your mouth. Most patients get used to them and they might even try to eat with the braces in. Make sure you do not eat or drink anything while you are wearing the aligners as this can damage them. You need to be very careful with the braces so that you do not have to replace them.
- Consult your orthodontist – If you are really worried that your treatment is not progressing as you thought it would, then you should talk to your provider. He or she will assess your case and determine if you are the right candidate for the procedure. Your dentist may even suggest other adjustments that can be made to your regular habits so that the treatment becomes more effective.
Follow these guidance points if you want to accelerate your Invisalign process, and achieve straighter teeth and boosted confidence levels in record time.