Invisalign at Dental Clinic London
Invisalign is a process that helps to straighten your teeth with a series of almost invisible and custom-made aligners. When you change each aligner every two weeks, your teeth will move – little by little, thus moving towards the expected final position. They are comfortable to wear and can be removed easily. Invisalign will bring a sweet smile on your face without disturbing your life.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear and invisible - Invisalign is virtually invisible and as such, anyone will hardly notice that you are straightening your teeth.
- Remove easily – Invisalign aligners can be removed easily when you are eating, drinking, brushing, flossing and during special occasions.
- Extremely comfortable – Invisalign is comfortable to wear since there are no metal wires or brackets to irritate the gum.
- Very effective – Before the Invisalign treatment is done, you will be able to get back beautiful smile on your face. Teeth alignment will begin from the beginning.
Problems to treat with Invisalign
- Overbite - It usually occurs when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Crooked or misshapen teeth – If there is insufficient space within your jawbone, all the teeth will not fit properly. Thus, they may be crooked or misshaped.
- Gapping between the teeth – This happens when you have gaps between the teeth.
- Crossbite– It occurs when your upper and lower jawbones are misaligned. It causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth.
- Underbite– when your lower teeth are infront of the upper teeth. It is caused due to overgrowth of the lower jaw, undergrowth of the upper jaw or both.
- Deepbite– where the upper teeth overlap significantly the lower teeth.
You need to talk to the dentist about the shape of your teeth. He will create an impression of your teeth to use it for customised aligners. These aligners will gradually move your teeth in the right position instead of traditional metal braces. Once the aligners are made, you will have to fit them by the dental surgeon. Your dentist may give you a few more sets to take them home and wear them before your next visit.
You will need to wear each aligner for nearly two weeks and remove them only while eating, brushing and flossing. Visit your dentist regularly to know more about the progress of the treatment. Once the treatment is done, you are provided with retainers to be sure you can keep the sweet smile on your face.
How long does the Invisalign treatment take?
The time needed for the treatment is usually 9 to 18 months. You will have to visit your dentist on a regularly (every 6-8 weeks) to monitor the success of your treatment.