Invisalign at Dental Clinic London
Invisalign is a process that helps to straighten your teeth with a series of almost invisible and custom-made aligners. When you change each aligner every two weeks, your teeth will move – little by little, thus moving towards the expected final position. They are comfortable to wear and can be removed easily. Invisalign will bring sweet smile on your face without disturbing your life.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear and invisible - Invisalign is virtually invisible and as such, anyone will hardly notice that you have straightened your teeth.
- Remove easily – Invisalign aligners are removed when you are eating, drinking, brushing, flossing and during special occasions.
- Extremely comfortable – Invisalign is comfortable to wear since there are no metal wires or brackets to irritate the gum.
- Very effective – Before Invisalign treatment is done, you will be able to get back beautiful smile on your face. Teeth alignment will begin from the beginning.
Problems to treat with Invisalign
- Overbite - It usually occurs when upper teeth bites over lower teeth.
- Crooked or misshapen teeth – If there is insufficient space within your jawbone, all the teeth will not fit properly. Thus, they may be crooked or misshaped.
- Gapping between the teeth – This happens when you have gaps between the teeth.
- Crossbite– It occurs when your upper and lower jawbones are misaligned. It causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of lower teeth.
- Underbite– when your lower teeth are infront of the upper teeth. It is caused due to overgrowth of lower jaw, undergrowth of upper jaw or both.
- Deepbite– where the upper teeth overlaps significantly the lower teeth.
You need to talk to the dentist about the shape of your teeth. He will create an impression of your teeth to use it for customized aligners. These aligners will gradually move your teeth in the right position instead of traditional metal braces. Once aligners are made, you will have to fit them by the dental surgeon. Your dentist may give you a few more sets to take them home and wear them
before your next visit. You need to wear each aligner for nearly two weeks and remove them only while eating, brushing and flossing. Visit your dentist regularly to know about the progress of the treatment. Once the treatment is done, you are provided retainers to be sure you can keep the sweet smile on your face.
How long Invisalign treatment takes?
The time needed for the treatment is usually 9 to 18 months. You will have to visit your dentist on a daily basis (every 6-8 weeks) to monitor the success of your treatment.